God: The Infallible Caretaker and The Ultimate Truth – By Rishabh Nair

Once Gandhiji said, "There is an indefinable mysterious power that pervades everything, I feel it, though I cannot see it, and I define it as God." 

How lucky we are that we can feel as well as see God! God’s love is indefinable. We little creatures cannot measure His greatness. His boundless love and His infinite compassion towards us are indefinable. So great is His infinite love that He allows a man to deny Him insolently, to wrangle about Him and even to cut the throat of his fellow man!. 

At this point I would like to share my experience showing the love of Sai Maa. When I was about 5 years old, I came to Puttaparthi, on the occasion of Guru Purnima. That time, I used to believe that the cute, charming and my favorite naughty Krishna and Swami are not the same, but different. So that day when Swami came to give Darshan, what I saw was something unbelievable and miraculous. I saw one side of Swami’s body turning blue. I was astonished. Later I asked my parents about this, but they said that they did not see any such thing. Later as I grew older, I understood that it was Swami’s leela to show me that Krishna and Swami are one and the same. This is how Swami clears the smallest of our doubts. 

Sri Sathya Sai with Sri V. Srinivasan, All India President, 
Sri Satya Sai Seva Organisations  
Let me share a story which indicates how Swami takes care of His devotees. Once when The All India President of Sri Satya Sai Seva Organization, Mr. V. Srinivasan, was returning from Chicago, he got late to catch the flight. This was because he was visited by some devotees just as he was about to leave his room. Still, he decided to go to the Airport. When he entered the lift to exit the hotel, the lift instead of going to the ground floor, went to the top floor. From that floor two men entered the lift. They found Sri Srinivasan standing dejected. When they enquired the reason for this, he narrated the whole incident. After listening to him they smiled and said to him, “Sir, do not worry, the flight has not yet departed." Mr. Srinivasan asked them with curiosity how they could say that. To his surprise, they replied, “Sir, because we are the pilots of that same flight." This is how Swami takes care of us. 

We all love our mother and have 100% faith in her isn’t it? Then how is it that we doubt the Divine mother. Faith in Him is a must. 

“Vipadau Naiva Vipadah Sampadau Naiva Sampadah
Vipada Vismaranam Vishnoh Sampanarayana Smruti."

(Misery so-called is no misery, Nor riches so-called riches,  Forgetting or denying God is the true misery. Remembering or faith in God is the true wealth. ) 

People today have come out with new a type of conflict i.e. Science vs. God. Once in an interview, Swami said that Science cannot understand Spirituality or God. Because, one belongs to the Material world and other to the Divine. It is God who has created everything including Science. God is the Ultimate Truth and everything else is Maya. He is beyond everything. God embraces not only this tiny world of ours but millions and billions of other such worlds. 

"Swami! I may not be very spiritually grown,
I may not be the best follower of Your principles,
But Swami, I trust You more than anyone,
& I Love You Very Much." 

"Tumse Achha Kaun Saimaa, Jeevan Ke Safar Mein Tere Sang Challenge,
Tumse Achha Kaun Saimaa.
Is Duniya Mein Koi Nahi Hai, Tum Hamare Pran Ho,
Jab Mein Pukaru, Tumko Hi Paun, Tum Hamare Pran Ho,
Tumse Achha Kaun Saimaa, Tumse Achha Kaun Saimaa." 

- Rishabh Nair
Student (2013-15), Department of Management Studies
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam Campus


1 comment:

Back to Top