The Compassionate Lord - By Sai Krishna Justa


As the Lord comes every day, His compassionate glance fills one to the brim with ineffable bliss and joy. His love towards His devotees is infinite, nectarine and selfless. As a mother’s love towards her children cannot be described, Sai’s Love towards us cannot be described. He protects His children and looks after them with infinite tenderness and compassion. I have experienced this motherly care, fatherly guidance and protection in many ways. 

Once, during my seventh standard, I fractured my right wrist while playing. I was admitted into the general hospital. I was administered a number of injections, which left me in deep despair. My parents were informed of my condition. My hand was plastered and the doctor said that he would bring the bone to its normal position but for that Swami’s permission was essential. Meanwhile, I lay on the bed, praying and waiting for the next day. The next day our headmistress and the warden came after the morning Darshan and narrated what happened. 

Swami came out of the interview room and enquired, “How is the Shimla boy?” Even before they could inform about me to Swami, Swami called a boy (who was also from Himachal Pradesh), created Vibhuti and asked him to give it to me. On the doctor’s query, Swami directed us (my parents and me) to go to Bangalore, for He knows exactly what is good for me. It was a memorable experience for me. 

Once, on another occasion, I was going to Delhi from Chandigarh with my parents on a bus. I was lost in deep slumber. Suddenly, a violent jerk threw me on the floor with a thud and I woke up. I got up and learnt that our bus had gone off the road and would have been thrown down but for a tree that was there on the way. The tree was visibly thin, with a trunk of only 20 cm diameter. Yet, it held good and supported the bus. 

Once, while I was travelling by train, the velocity of train slackened at a curve, followed by a strong jerk, and the train came to a dead stop. When we looked out, we saw that the engine with two to three bogies had detached from the rest of the train. If the train had gone with its normal speed, we would have surely met with a fatal accident. Needless to say, in both these instances, it was the grace of our Sai Apadbandhava, which saved us and cemented our faith in Him. 

He loves us deeply and undergoes all sorts of troubles for our sake. He does everything possible for us and expects nothing in return. What can we offer Him, who is the Supreme Architect of the Cosmos? The only offering, which cherishes is the pure and selfless love from the depths of our hearts. He encased infinite power and majesty in His diminutive five feet three inch mortal frame to guide us to tread on the right path and reach Him. 

Once, a person had come to Puttaparthi and eagerly sought an interview. However, he had to wait for several weeks before he received one. In interview room he told Swami that he had to wait for several weeks. Swami smiled to this and answered, “You had to wait only for a few weeks, but I waited several thousand years for you.” 

This shows that Sai Ma is ever ready with open arms to shower love bliss and accept us. It is up to us, how we respond and reciprocate the love and make ourselves fit to receive His grace and reach our goal, which is He and He alone.   


- Sai Krishna Justa
Student (2005-2011)
Department of Management and Commerce
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Currently, Senior Manager, Yes Bank


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top