The Creator – By Saurabh Rishi

There is fragrance in the breeze, and there is music of the birds as they fly across the sky. An angelic symphony, an enchanting harmony. Now I see it, there is so much beauty! The lush green grasslands, the deep meadows, the lofty mountains and the tiny ant, the unfathomable seas and the edgeless skies. Oh! What a Creation! Nature indeed reflects the splendid beauty of its Creator. Oh! What a charming Creator. 

His Love envelops every atom of the Universe. A mere glance of His can melt the hardest of iron hearts and a gentle touch from the Almighty sends us beyond heavens. And this Creator has time for every object in this Universe, be it living or non-living. He gives every bird its grain and every man his daily bread. His unconditional and selfless love makes Him go to any extent for the sake of His devotees. Centuries ago, Lord Krishna had washed the feet of His friend, Sudama, although the latter was devoid of all material wealth and Krishna was the king. Why go so far into the past? Our own Bhagavan was seen washing utensils that had been kept unwashed in the pantry although He is the king of the Universe. It is that Almighty’s tender hand that saved my father’s ship in the turbulent sea and it was that Hand’s tiny finger that lifted the mighty Govardhana Mountain to shelter the people from the heavy downpour. He is the Ganapati of all Homeopathic and Allopathic practitioners. I myself have been cured by this Creator.  

It all began when I was seven years old. Some called it fits but Bhagavan said they were ‘shocks’. In these shocks, my body would shake violently and I would lose the power of speech. I used to get these shocks during my sleep and irrespective of the place where I dozed off, be it in the Mandir or during the morning prayers. I was shown to many doctors but the medicines only added to my weight. Then Bhagavan came in my mother’s dream and assured her that He would cure me since no one in the world could cure my disease. These shocks continued for almost five years and then during the summer vacations I happened to play with my friend with stones. As I was picking them up I found a beautiful oval stone. I decided to preserve this stone and later to my astonishment found that it was a lingam. Bhagavan later blessed it and I began drinking the Abhishekam water. I continue to drink the holy water to this day and I have since then never got any of those terrible shocks. 

Here is another instance where the Creator had time for me. It was the first time that my mother, my sister and my self were travelling alone by train. The train stopped at a station and it didn’t seem to move for a very long time. Then an old gentleman approached us and asked us as to where we were going. It was midnight and we were a bit scared but we said that we were going to Puttaparthi and so were getting down at Dharmavaram. Then it was he who told us that we had to board the train that was on the next platform. He immediately called a helper and had our luggage safely transported to the other train. He himself paid the helper and my mother said that she would give him the money the next morning. The man had given his compartment and seat numbers but when my mother went to pay him in the morning she was told that no such person had been there. Who else could it be than our beloved Creator! 

Here is another classic experience where the Lord shows His Omnipotence and keeps His word. For Him typhoons and tornadoes are just mere movements of the air. In 1988, Bhagavan had called our family for an interview and during the interview created a ring for my father. Then turning towards my mother He said, “Don’t worry Ma, nothing can touch him.” He said that He would always be there to protect us. Eight years later, as is his job, my father joined the ship after vacations. Then, one night the ship witnessed the power of water. A storm broke out and the waves reached great heights. The lashings of the ship broke and the huge pipes that the ship was carrying for the oil refinery moved to one side thereby disturbing the balance of the ship. The engines completely failed. It looked as if the ship would sink into the depths of the sea. It began to sink. It was useless to jump into the sea in this kind of weather. There was horror written large on every man’s face. Many of the members of the crew began to weep. My father decided to leave the world after taking Vibhuti. But when he went down to his cabin he found Bhagavan’s photograph standing erect in spite of the tilted ship. This gave him courage. A voice then prompted him to turn the ship against the waves. This was a dangerous step to take but when he did it, a huge wave hit the ship and the pipes began to fall into the sea. The ship slowly started regaining its position and they reached back the shores safely. Oh! What infinite love, the love that transcends everything, that conquers all. Nature’s mightiest forces bow down to Him. After all He is the Creator. 

The Creator wants us to spread the love to everyone around us, for the hunger of every human heart is that someone should love them. More than the money what the world needs today is love. The love that goes out from us returns to us and so love moves in a circle and it is we who have to make the circle move. We must give the people a sweet smile, a kind word and a helping hand. The best way to spread love is indeed by selfless service. Bhagavan does miracles basically for two reasons. The first, to transform us and the second, to shower on us His love.


- Saurabh Rishi
Alumnus, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam Campus 



Source: Sai Nandana 2000 (75th Birthday Offering)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top