Leela Mohana Sai - By Mallikeswaran

Mallikeswaran with Sri Sathya Sai
“Do not watch TV and do not go to movies”, Bhagavan lovingly told me while I was going home for winter vacation. One day when I was returning from my brother’s house, a booming sound from my favourite film actor Shivaji Ganesan came from the television.

Due to my sheer reflex action, my gaze turned to the television for half a second and turning back I returned to my house. As soon as I reached Brindavan, I ran for Swami’s Darshan and the first question He asked me was,"Dunnapotha (buffalo), why did you watch TV?" I had forgotten the whole incident as I had not watched intentionally. So I told the Lord that neither had I seen a movie nor had I watched television. But the all-knowing Lord sweetly said, “Ay, didn’t you watch ‘Shivaji Ganesan’ for half a second. I know everything, good boy!” That was my first Divine experience which made me understand that He is always with me. 

The Lord says, in the Bhagavad Gita: “Ananyas Chintoyanto Maam Ye Janaah Paryupasate” (The Lord protects and safeguards those who always think of Him). But in the Sathya Sai Avatar, whether you think of Him or not, He always protects you and saves you. “However you are, you are Mine and I will never leave you,” says Bhagavan. Swami had created a ring for my father about 25 years ago and put it on my father’s finger. My father’s ring finger was affected by paralysis. My father felt bad that the finger touched by the Lord was affected by paralysis. He prayed to the Lord and instantaneously the ring finger became active and the index finger became affected by partial paralysis. We have to face the Karma and Sai’s grace and love made my father wise and gave him the courage to undergo the pain with ease. 

During one of the interviews, Swami asked my brother about his profession. My brother replied that He was an engineer, working in a sister concern of L&T (Larsen and Toubro). But Swami told my brother that he was not an engineer but an auditor. My brother insisted that he was an engineer by profession. The argument went on for some time and finally my brother yielded and said that whatever Swami said that was his profession. When the family went back to Chennai, there was a letter waiting for my brother from his office. It was a promotion letter and the new designation was that of a ‘Product Auditor’. “You may not understand the significance of even casual words uttered by Me. Eventually you will understand the significance”, says the Lord. We should understand that whatever He speaks is Truth and whatever He does is Dharma. Is it possible for us to comprehend every word of Him who is beyond time and the Gunas? It is possible to understand a little of His glory only by His Grace and Divine Will. 

There are numerous incidents in my life when, whether I thought of Him or not, He had saved me. There were many times when I did not even have money to eat but He would send somebody during those difficult times and ensured that I had feast which I otherwise would not have had. Whenever the situation became bad financially, He sent lump sum money from some source and that would save my honour. He was, is and will be there always with me at the time of crisis and at the time of happiness assuring me of His Love and Grace. 

I would like to recall a beautiful Tamil verse of prayer to the Lord: “Lord, if you are a mother, then I am Your child; If You are a child, then I am a toy in Your hand. Whether You are a mother or child, my life is in Your hand. Make me worthy of Your Love and Grace”.

- Mallikeswaran
Alumnus, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam Campus
Currently, Staff Member, 
Sri Sathya Sai Students and Staff Welfare Society
Prasanthi Nilayam



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top