"Where shall I talk to boys?"

 December 16, 1998

Swami came out with a Kannada magazine ‘Taranga’ in His hands and called a student. Swami showed him the MBA drama photograph and then called few other students…

Swami: (To a student) See, you are here

Student: Swami, because You are in the photograph, we are also there.

Swami: (Mentioning a boy’s name) I said that he got a ‘O’ grade. But they said he got an ‘A’ grade.

Student: ‘O’ grade in Swami’s paper is different from ‘O’ grade in other papers. He did get an ‘O’ grade in Swami’s paper.

Swami: Good boy! Because I tightened the nuts of all the boys, they got good grades.

Student: Yes Swami. Unless we know the pain of darkness, we do not realise the value of light. Unless Swami gives a good dose, we do not realise the value of Swami’s words.

Swami: Good, you know this and have understood this. Good boy. (Swami called a teacher. The teacher requested Swami to speak to students) Shall I come now?


Teacher: Yes Swami.

Swami: Immediately… Let’s go. (Swami told the teacher to call the VC. The teacher signaled to the VC to come. Swami noticed this. To the teacher…) When elderly people or people of high position must be called, they must be called by going near them. 
(To Registrar Prof. Lakshminarasimham) When shall I come?

Registrar: Swami, tomorrow being Thursday, morning time would be auspicious.

Swami: I will come at 7:30. Where shall I talk to boys?

Student: Swami, Auditorium.

Swami: No, not to big groups. I cannot tell specific ideas.

Student: Audiovisual room, Swami.

Swami: Good. But where is the audiovisual room? (Swami smiled mischievously)

Student: Swami, it is a small room next to the auditorium.

Swami: Don’t I know? How many times I have come to the Institute!

Student: You know everything, Swami.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top