The Lord I Adore - By G. V. Praveena

 “Saints and Sages do ‘Tapas’ for years to have a glimpse of You;

Millions of people all over the globe think of You and talk of You constantly;

Even inanimate objects shed tears when they are deprived of Your love;

O Lord, still You walk in midst of us so innocently. 

Is it not because of our Punyas of past times?”

Sai is the creator of the marvellous cosmos. He is the source of energy within each atom. He is the in dweller of each living being. His Divine activities and Leelas are beautiful, His Divine grace and miracles are infinite. We experience them, but we can’t understand them. We see them, but can’t express them. We talk of them but can’t realise them. These are the acts of grace.

Many people experience Swami in many different ways and to all of them, Swami’s guidance is diverse, various and different from each other. This is the very essence of ‘Ekoham Bahusyam’.

I saw Swami for the first time in 1981 when I went to Prasanthi Nilayam alone with my classmates from Alike (one of Swami’s institution in Karnataka). But I had seen Swami’s photograph before that. That picture of Swami was of a very rare pose where Swami seems to be standing in thin air. 

During those days like others, I also had an impression that He was none other than an expert magician who could float in air and materialise things for His followers. But I came to know about Swami’s Divinity only when I joined His institution at Alike for my high school studies. Swami had visited Alike in 1979 when I had not joined the institution there. 

In 1981 along with a few boys, I came to Prasanthi Nilayam and stayed there for over a week. On the day, when I was about to ask Swami something, He asked a casual question, “What? Do you want wife?” God had spoken to me and so I was thrilled. 

Three years later, it was Swami’s will that made it possible for me to visit Prasanthi Nilayam once again in 1984. We had come in a group of about 30 to 40 students along with some teachers. This time Swami granted us an interview for about one and a half hours. Swami spoke to us lovingly and created a locket for one of us. He also created Vibhuti which was distributed to all of us. It was this interview with Bhagavan that mainly had motivated me to join the institution at Prasanthi Nilayam for my college education. Next year as per His Sankalpa, I was given a seat.

Stay of more than two years, since then, in His physical proximity, appears to me as the golden period of my life. I have experienced Swami’s love and enjoyed His physical presence. It is His will and grace that made me write His glory in the Sanskrit language recently. No doubt He is the initiator and the inspirer of those six stances (Shlokas), which He had so graciously accepted on 24th August 1986.Those Shlokas are as follows:

Pradoshakala Darshanm Vishala Kesha Bhushanam

Sushantakantapalakam Sayi Shankaram

Dharinam Sanatanamtmakadarshanakam

Vinidavishwapushakam Manubhilashapur Kam

I bow to that Sai Shankara the brilliance of Whose lustrous hairs’ Darshan I have in the early hours of the dawn, Who is peaceful, majestic and the protector, Who assumes many names, gives a glimpse of the eternal Atman, Who sustains the world very pleasantly and Who fulfils the desires of the heart.

Anantpremsagaram Anantshantidayakam

Nirantara Brahmamayam Krupakaram Prabhakaram

Akhandavishvanayakam Prachandkaryasadhakam

Achintya Jyoti Rupinam Dayadi Bhava Prerakam

I always pray to that benevolent Sun, Who is an infinite ocean of love, Who gives infinite peace, Who is the unquestioned and unparalleled Lord of the world, Who undertakes enormous tasks, Who is the very form of unfathomable light and is the very source and inspiration behind feelings like compassion etc.

Sudhairyahastasuchakam Pradhavabhavasyavaram

Tvamevasarvapavanam Mamatmashaktikaranam

Sakalbhaktapalakam Sadanukulkarakam

Vishalbhavabhurinam Sushila sai Chintayam

I bow to the Lord Sai Who grants the Abhayahasta, Who influences one and all by steady and unwavering feelings, Who protects His devotees at the appropriate time, Who always creates a favourable environment and Who is ever blissful. O Sai! You alone are everything that is pure and You alone are the source of strength for my inner self.

Praveen Veena Vainikam Prasadsarvarakshakam

Sudharmamurthiraghavam Supavanatmakamanasham

Sureshwar Munishwar Maheshwar Saishwarm

Vibhutidharisundaram Yasami Tam Partaparam

I worship that majestic Lord Sai, Who is a master in the art of playing the Veena, Who by His Grace protects all, Who is the Raghava, the very idol of Dharma, Who is very pure personality, Who is the very Lord of all Gods and all sages, Who is verily Maheshwara and Who, adorned by Vibhuti, is beauty personified. 

Trilokpujyanayakam Vinitbhaktapalakam

Sunitipritidayakam Vibhutidana Shankaram

Prashantivasi Mohakam Sushanti Margadarshakam

Prakantisubhitmukham Sada Karomi Chitanam

He is the Lord worshipped by one and all in the three worlds, Who sustains His humble devotees, Who is the giver of love and beautiful ideals, Who is Shankara, the giver of Vibhuti, Who captivates all, Whose abode is eternal peace and Who shows the path of this bountiful peace. It is His countenance, lit up with blinding effulgence that I always contemplate upon.

Mahagunajnya Raghavam Prasannarupi Madhavam

Parantu Adya Sainam Aka Deva Runpinam

Namami Parthinayakam Smarami Shirdipalakam

 Sadavidhata Bhagyatam Tvamev Sai Sundaram

O beautiful Lord Sai, the giver of all prosperity, You were the great and prosperous Rama as also the ever cheerful Krishna, but now You and You alone are the one form of God. 

It is to You, O Lord of Parthi and the sustainer of Shirdi that I pray.


G.V. Praveena
Alumnus, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam


Source: Sai Nandana 1985 (60th Birthday Offering)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top