Loving God - By Shirish Patil

About three years ago when I was enjoying my holidays in Bombay, Baba happened to be at Bombay. My grandfather invited Baba to dine in our bungalow. Baba accepted the invitation and at about 8:15 pm He entered our house. Our bungalow was wonderfully decorated. But after Baba came I had a terrible fight with my brother and sister because everyone wanted to sit nearest to Baba. As I was the strongest of all of them, I won and sat next to Him. Baba came and sat next to the sofa. Baba first looked at me and smiled at me, and I too smiled. Baba, after a talk for some time with my grandfather asked me if I had any problem. I said ‘Yes’ because my friends used to trouble me very much. At this Baba asked me to get up and made me sit with Him on the sofa. Baba asked me my problems and I told Him about my friends, at Bombay. Then Baba opened the first three buttons of my shirt, created Vibhuti and with His own Divine hands, rubbed it on my chest. I felt extremely thrilled by this. It is one of the greatest experiences of my life.

One fine day my aunt went to Darshan of Baba. Baba had come to Bombay. She got an interview with Swami. After she came out, Baba was still inside. It was getting dark and time was about 7 o’clock. My aunt decided to go home without Baba’s permission. When the car was on the way through a lonely area she was attacked by a group of dacoits. Though they broke the glass of the car, not even a piece fell on her. They wanted to rob her of her possessions while they were doing so, a youth came from nowhere and told the dacoits to go. Being afraid they went away and then the youth was out of sight. When she once again went to have Darshan of Swami, Swami told her that He had saved her and asked her to take permission always while leaving. 

When my uncle was small he was suffering from very high fever and no medicine was able to cure him. One morning he turned his sides on bed and a Vibhuti packet was found under his body. When he used that Vibhuti his fever disappeared in no time. I love and admire Swami. Here is my song of admiration. I offer this to our beloved Swami.

The treasure of the world is here and here
And devotion can take Him everywhere.
He has descended to bring Dharma
His face shines bright like the rays of the sun
Wherever He goes
There He spreads light around,
With one touch of His we are blessed
His blessings are so sweet,
The sweetness can never be expressed
People of the world,
Come to see Him with great delight
They see Him smiling
With a wave of His hand
There is Vibhuti stream
Falling down on the devotees hand
His name is Parthi Sai
Who is the incarnation of Shirdi Sai
At last I have found Shirdi Sai
In Parthi Sai


- Shirish S. Patil
Alumnus, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Prasanthi Nilayam


Source: Sai Nandana 1985 (60th Birthday Offering)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top