The Message of Sri Sathya Sai Baba: In His Words - Part 1


On the Purpose of His Advent

I have come to light the lamp of love in your hearts, to see that it shines day by day with added lustre. I have not come to speak on behalf of any particular Dharma (religion), like the Hindu Dharma. I have not come on any mission of publicity for any sect or creed or cause; nor have I come to collect followers for any doctrine. I have no plan to attract disciples or devotees into My fold or any fold. I have come to tell you of this Universal unitary faith, this Atmic principle, this path of love, this Dharma of Prema, this duty of love, this obligation to love.
- “The Message I Bring”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 08, 
July 04, 1968, Nairobi, Kenya, East Africa


I have not come to set afoot a new cult, I do not want people to be misled on this point. I affirm that this Sai form is the form of all the various names that man uses for the adoration of the Divine. So, I am teaching that no distinction should be made between the names Rama, Krishna, Ishwara, Sai – for they are all My names. You can observe Me and My activities; note how I adhere to righteousness, moral order, truth and universal compassion. That is what I desire you to learn from Me. Many of you plead for a ‘Message’ from Me, to take to the Samiti of which you are members. Well. My life is My message. You elaborate in your lectures the unique powers of Sai, the incidents that are described as miracles in books written on Me by some persons. But I request you not to attach importance to these. Do not exaggerate their significance; the most significant and important power is, let Me tell you, My Prema (love). I may turn the sky into earth, or earth into sky; but that is not the sign of Divine might. It is the Prema, the Sahana, effective universal, ever-present, that is the unique sign.
- “The Revelation”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 08, 
May 17, 1968, Bombay

I do not expect anything from you. Only, develop Love within you. Regard all mankind with fraternal feelings. Recognise all as the children of God. Bear no ill-will or hatred towards anyone. Do not hurt anyone’s feelings. Only such a large-hearted attitude will confer on you limitless bliss. If you are celebrating Swami’s birthday, this is all that I desire from you. Have unity among yourselves. Strive to revive and promote the glory of Bharat.
- “Share in Bhagavan’s Love”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 23, November 23, 1990, Prasanthi Nilayam


What is My directive? What is it that will please Me? What is it that I desire? Only one thing: Love, Love, Love. That is Sai’s most potent weapon. Was any invitation sent to any of you to come here? So many of you have gathered here attracted solely by the power of Swami’s love.
- “The Avatar and the Devotees”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 27, November 23, 1994, Prasanthi Nilayam

There is no need to glorify what I have done. I have given back to the people what has been given by them. I have given to you what is essential for you. Nothing is Mine. If anything can be called Mine, it is You. You are My greatest property. If you are happy, I am happy. If you pursue the right path, that is My food. When you are united, I feel happy. Therefore, do not speak about what Swami has done. Swami served to you what you have offered to Him. I have nothing in My hands. People call them empty hands. But this nothing is everything.
 - “Render unto the People what is Theirs”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 28, November 17, 1995, Prasanthi Nilayam 



You should offer your knowledge for the benefit of the people. You should set an example to your fellowmen. Cultivate the spirit of oneness to all mankind. It is to teach this message that the Sai advent has taken place. Sai has come to indicate the omnipresence of God. The Avatar has come down to declare that God is present everywhere. This is as necessary as the need for someone to light a lamp, even if one has a lamp holder, oil and wick. The Avatar comes not only to proclaim the eternal virtues but also to shower His love on mankind but, each one will get the benefit according to the size of the vessel he holds. 
- “Not Salaries but Service”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 29, 
July 01, 1996, Prasanthi Nilayam

Utilise the chance of association with Me as much as possible, and endeavor as quickly and as best as you can to follow the directions that I have been giving. Obeying My instructions is enough; it will benefit you more than the most rigorous asceticism. Practice Satya, Dharma, Shanti and Prema, which are dear to Me; resolve to keep those ideals before you ever, in all your thoughts, words and deeds. That can confer on you the summum bonum of mergence in the supreme substance of Divinity.
- “The Revelation”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 08, 
May 17, 1968, Bombay



5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely compilation.Jai SAIRAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. devotees always long for some news about swamy once, one get some news, he immediately
    shares with other devotees.that is the joy.hanks for the complilation.
    rajalakshmi

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top