When Lord Ganesha accompanied me from the Hostel to the College... - By Rameswar Prusty

The Ganesha Temple at the entrance of the Sri Sathya Sai Hostel for Senior Students, Prasanthi Nilayam
One fine morning, after a few days of my stay in the hostel, an incident occurred which revealed to me my true friend. After the bell had rung, I started for the Institute. I stopped awhile to offer prayers to Lord Ganesha installed in front of our hostel. When I opened my eyes I heard, “Why do you boys leave Me alone at the hostel?” I thought of the loneliness that pervaded the hostel after all the boys had left for the Institute. A little surprised I replied “Oh! Lord, why don’t You accompany me to the Institute? I would be blessed to have Your company while I go to the Institute.” 

Lord Ganesha seemed pleased with my words. He stepped out of His beautiful little enclave and I could see His little vehicle following its master. I was reminded of the merit that I must have done in my past lives to have this blissful vision. His form was small, coming only up to my chest. Wooden sandals adorned His feet. A vision of the beautiful dancing trunk would rid one of all the sorrows of the earth. The trunk sometimes made movements in the air or rested on the protruding stomach. Dressed in yellow and green silk Lord Ganesha looked more beautiful than anything of the world. The little mouse was very happy, as it was moving out with its master after many days.
Lord Ganesha dressed in beautiful silks - green and yellow
Crossing the hostel gate we moved on towards the Institute. After a while our conversation began. I was very interested in listening to Him narrating the events relating to His birth, getting an elephant head and how He became the Agrapujya. This narration thrilled me to the core. As is my usual habit, I tried to speak in between His narration and committed other mistakes too. When I did such a mistake He would punish me by hitting me with His trunk. It was more than a reward for me. Of course they served the purpose. 

As we moved on He was on my right. Every time a vehicle or something else neared me I was afraid that they would collide with Ganesha. Understanding my thoughts He replied, “Do not worry. None can harm Me. I am invisible to everyone else except you.” 

On reaching the Institute we walked towards the temple built for Him. As we ascended the steps He was ready to receive the prayers of many students who were waiting there. I made Pradakshina, offered prayers and left for the classroom. 
The Ganesh Temple in the Quadrangle of the Prasanthi Nilayam Campus, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
The forenoon session was over. I descended the steps on my way back to the hostel for lunch. He was there throughout overlooking the studies and classes of all students. Now He also was ready to come back to the hostel. I was blessed again. This time we talked of things relating to the material and the spiritual worlds. We reached the hostel gate. A sudden thought caught me still, “What about lunch for Lord Ganesha?” The all-knowing Ganapati immediately said, “I need none of the food and eat none of the food you take. Your Vidya and Jnana are My food. If you study well My hunger is satisfied. You go and have your lunch. I shall wait for you.” I walked into the hostel. He waited for me in His beautiful little enclave. 

I had my lunch. I was filled with the thoughts of Lord Ganesha. I left my room for afternoon session of classes. He was waiting for me. As I offered my prayers He came out to walk with me. I had thought about talking to Him on some topics and questions. He said, “We have talked this morning. From now onwards we shall walk quietly.” I obeyed His command. As had happened in the morning He came back with me to the hostel after the classes. Our walks continued everyday. He came with me to the library often. He always had the blissful smile on His enchanting face. I had at last found my 'Soul Companion'. 
Rameswar Prusty with his SOUL COMPANION

Rameswar Prusty
Student (1996-1998), Department of Management Studies
Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam Campus
Currently, Senior Manager, Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, Prasanthi Nilayam


Source: Sai Nandana 2000 (75th Birthday Issue)

7 comments:

  1. Are we to expect a part 2.. cause this did not seem like the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Prusty please share those stories that Lord Ganesha shared with you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAIRAM Brother .How fortunate you are? I could feel the presence of Lord Ganesh through this incident. Could you Please recall the date/ Year, when this happened?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want to hear more of the conversations between Ganesha and prusty, share some more brother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absoluetly mind blowing.So blessed to have darshan of Lord Ganesha.Om Gum Ganapathaye Namah.Bleesed Ganesha Chaturthi to all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absoluetly mind blowing.So blessed indeed to have darshan of Lord Ganesha.Happy Ganesha Chaturthi to all.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top