1. Mudaa Karaatta Modakam Sadaa Vimukti Saadhakam
Kalaadharaa Vatamsakam Vilaasi Loka Rakshakam
Anaayakaika Naayakam Vinaashitbha Daityakam
Nataashubhaashu Naashakam Namaami Tam Vinaayakam
2. Natetaraati Bheekaram Navoditaarka Bhaasvaram
Namat Suraari Nirjaram Nataadhi Kaapaduddharam
Sureshvaram Nidheeshvaram Gajeshvaram Ganeshvaram
Maheshvaram Tamaashraye Paraatparam Nirantaram
3. Samasta Loka Shankaram Nirasta Daityakunjaram
Daretarodaram Varam Varebhavaktramaksharam
Krupaakaram Kshamaakaram Mudaakaram Yashaskaram
Manaskaram Namaskrutaam Namaskaromi Bhaasvaram
4. Akinchanaartimaarjanam Chirantanoktibhaajanam
Puraaripoorvanandanam Suraari Garva Charvanam
Prapanchanaasha Bheeshanam Dhananjayaadibhooshanam
Kapoladaanavaaranam Bhaje Puraanavaaranam
5. Nitaanta Kaantadanta Kaantimanta Kaantakaatmajam
Achintyaroopa Mantaheena Mantaraaya Kruntanam
Hrudantare Nirantaram Vasantameva Yoginaam
Tamekadantameva Tam Vichintayaami Santatam
Mahaaganesha Pancharatnamaadarena Yonvaham
Prajalpati Prabhaatake Hrudi Smaran Ganeshvaram
Arogataamadoshataam Susaahiteem Suputrataam
Samaahitaayu Rashtabhootimabhyupaiti Sochiraat (3)
1. Vinayaka is the one, who joyously holds Modaka in His hand. He is also the one who helps us to achieve liberation. He beautifies the moon and protects devotees who are full of joy. He is the master of masters, and the slayer of the demon–elephant. I salute that Vinayaka who destroys all inauspiciousness in a flash.
2. Vinayaka is terrible to those who are arrogant. He shines like the rising sun. He is saluted by all the Gods. He removes the troubles of those who bow down to Him. He is the master of all the deities, of all wealth, of all elephants, of all the Ganas. He is the supreme Godhead. I salute that Vinayaka who is most powerful.
3. Vinayaka gives happiness to the whole world. He is the slayer of the demon-elephant. He possesses a great stomach. He is supreme. He has the head of an excellent elephant and He is eternal. He is the source of compassion, forgiveness and joy. He bestows on us fame. He inspires the mind of those who salute Him. I salute that radiant Vinayaka.
4. He washes away the worries of the poor. He is worthy of worship by the ancient verses. He is the first son of the destroyer of demons (Lord Shiva). He crushes the pride of the demons and in His terrible form He destroys the world. He is the emblem of Dhananjaya and others (Arjuna and the others). I serve that ancient elephant.
5. He has the shining tusk, which makes Him attractive. He is the son of the destroyer’s destroyer (Lord Shiva is the destroyer of Yama – the God of death). His form is incomprehensible (beyond the scope of the mind). He is endless, and He removes obstacles. He resides in the heart of the Yogis. I contemplate on that single-tusked God.
The one who chants this Ganesha Pancharatnam every morning by remembering Ganesha in the heart, gets good health, becomes faultless, attains scholarship and begets a good son. He will also get the eight types of wealth (food, education, youthfulness, beauty, power, bodily strength, material prosperity and royal family) and a long life.
(Note: These five verses have been composed by Shri Adi Shankaracharya.)