Swami tells us about ‘The Sathya Sai Avatar’

Sri Sathya Sai in the Poornachandra Auditorium


The ever auspicious Lord
The manifest form of Om, the One who has come to teach,
The One who churns for butter, the hearts and minds of men,
The Friend, the charmer, the liberator from blinding bondage,
The Comforter of those who clamour and pray, the Destroyer of currents that drag,
The Consoler of torn hearts, like the moon so cool,
The Derider of Pride, the Healer, curing birth and death,
The Lotus-eyed, the Negator of Time, Himself the process and the play of Time,
The Thief who steals for Himself the pure minds of the good,
Beauty embodied, the child of Devaki, Vasudeva, Son of Vasudev,
The glory of the Yadu race, is here, with you, beside you.

The Ever Auspicious Lord”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 16, 
February 11, 1983, Prasanthi Nilayam


Avatars choose the time and the mode of announcement of their Advent and their glory. Even in this Avatar, such miracles had to be done when I decided that the time was opportune for taking the people into My secret. 

Vishaya: The Visha”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 03, September 06, 1963, Prasanthi Nilayam


Sri Sathya Sai and the Dashavatar

The same Supreme Being who has saved Prahlada by appearing from the pillar and punishing His demonic father, the same Supreme Being who came to the rescue of Kuchela, the same Supreme Being who has descended from Vaikuntha to save Gajendra (the lord of the elephants) has now come to the world as Satchidanandamurti, presiding over the hearts of all as ‘Puttaparthi Chakravarti’. You should realise that I have come to remind you of your reality, that in fact, every one of you is an embodiment of Satchitananda.

The Message of the Upanishads”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 26, October 21, 1993, Prasanthi Nilayam


Consider the meaning of the name, Sai Baba, ‘Sa’ stands for Divine and ‘Ayi’ stands for Mother. Therefore, Sai stands for Divine Mother and ‘Baba’ means Father. This name Sai Baba thus means Divine Mother and Father. The words Samba Shiva and Sai Baba have the same meaning. ‘Samba’ ‘Shiva’ means Divine Mother and Father, so does the word Sai Baba. Because there is the aspect of mother and father and because both are present, this form is rightly to be described as Shiva Shakti Atma Swarupa. Like Mother, I will be tender and soft and give you happiness and like Father, I will punish and criticize you when needed, and through these methods, I take you to a higher level. Even your own mother and father in the worldly sense will sometimes become selfish and may punish you in a manner which smacks of selfishness but, this Divine Mother and Father in Me has not a tinge of selfishness.

Who is Sathya Sai Baba?”, Summer Showers in Brindavan  1974, Part 2, Brindavan


No trace of fear can tarnish the purity of the heart that is shining in the splendour of Truth. I am Sathya Sai. Like the name Shesha Sai (with which God is known) which means ‘the One who reclines on the massive coils of the poisonous snake Shesha’, the meaning of Sathya Sai is ‘the One who reclines on Truth’. Truth knows no defeat; Truth knows no fear. It marches on heedless of acclamation or declamation. 

The Year Named Ananda”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 12, March 24, 1973, Brindavan


‘Willing’ is superfluous for Me. For, My Grace is ever available to devotees who have steady Love and Faith. Since I move freely among them, talking and singing, even intellectuals are unable to grasp My Truth, My Power, My Glory, or My real Task as Avatar
I can solve any problem however knotty. I am beyond the reach of the most intensive inquiry and the most meticulous measurement. Only those who have recognised My Love and experienced that Love can assert that they have glimpsed My Reality. For, the Path of Love is the Royal road that leads mankind to Me.
I am the Embodiment of Love; Love is My instrument. There is no creature without Love; the lowest loves itself, at least. And its self is God. So, there are no atheists, though some might dislike Him or refuse Him, as malarial patients dislike sweets or diabetic patients refuse to have anything to do with sweets! Those who preen themselves as atheists will one day, when their illness is gone, relish God and revere Him.

Who is Sai?”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 12, June 19, 1974, Brindavan



I have come to re-form you: I won’t leave you until I do that. Even if you get away before I do that, do not think you can escape Me; I will hold on to you. I am not worried if you leave Me, for I am not anxious that there should be a huge gathering here, around Me. Who invited you all here? There was not even a little notice in print, but yet you have come here in thousands. You attach yourselves to Me. I am unattached. I am attached only to the Task for which I have come.
But, of one thing, be assured. Whether you come to Me or not, you are all in Mine. This Shiva Mata, this Sai Mata (Mother of all) has the love of a thousand mothers towards Her children; that is why I do so much Laalana (fondling) and so much Paalana (protecting). Whenever I appear to be angry, remember, it is only love in another form. For, I have not even an atom of anger in me; I just evince My disappointment that you do not shape as I direct. When I direct you along a line of action, reflect on My advice; you have full liberty to do so; in fact, I shall be happy if you do so; I do not like slavish obedience. If you feel that it will help you to reach the goal, follow it; if not, go to some other place; but, let Me tell you one thing: Wherever you go, you meet only Me. I am everywhere.

Brahamanda Linga”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 04, February 11, 1964, Prasanthi Nilayam


Some of you may imagine that it is a source of joy for the Lord to take a human form. If you are in this state, you will not feel so. I am always aware of the future, the past, as well as the present of every one of you. So I am not moved so much by pity. Not that I am hard-hearted or that I have no Daya. If you bolt the doors fast, how can the rays of My grace be available to you? “Swami!” you cry. “I have no eyes. I am yearning to see You. Doesn’t Your heart melt at my plight?” 
Of course! If this pitiable condition melts your hearts, will it not melt Mine? But, since I know the past, the background, My reaction is different. If only you knew, you, too will act differently. It is the consequence of evil, deliberately done in previous births, and so I have to allow all suffering to continue, modified, often by some little compensation. I don’t cause either joy or grief; you are the designer of both the chains that bind you.

Naama and Naami”, Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 04, November 26, 1964, Prasanthi Nilayam


2 comments:

  1. Om Sai ram Please protect my family members and friends Vykuntam Uppala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baba Please protect my family members, and friends. Jaisairam. Dr PCMISHRA Prayagraj.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top